I-Beams for your New Floor and Roof Projects
Engineered Wood Floors
Made to Measure Kits
Delivered Ready to Fit
Carvers Timber Engineering offers you the I-beam – a simpler engineered timber floor and roof solution for house building, self-build, and home improvement or renovation projects.
We offer a bespoke and enhanced timber floor and roof joists designed especially for the smaller developer and renovator. This includes a full I-beam timber floor or roof design service.
The I-beam timber floor or roof comes as a complete flat pack kit including detailed tailored layout drawings and fixing accessories. Once we have discussed your requirements we prepare this for you and deliver, if requested, to your site.
Benefits of using I-beams
The advantages to using I-beams rather than traditional materials are:
- Less waste with light, straight, and long lengths.
- Good project planning and logistics with cut-to-size products.
- Customised – I-beams are adapted to your requirements for length, mitre cutting, insulation, hole cutting etc. We prepare as much as possible, thus saving time on the building site.
- Light weight – easier to handle when installing.
- Longer beams.
- Straight and no shrinkage – glued components give minimal warping and shrinkage, even in long lengths and damp conditions.
- More stable – eliminates ‘squeaky floors’ when installed correctly.
- Installation-friendly – installations are easily accommodated by means of flexible and quick hole cutting in the web. Beams can also be supplied ready-drilled, saving time and money on the building site and providing faster installation.
- Energy savings – few cold bridges, well-insulated, and no draughts.
- Fire Safe ‐ 30- and 60-minute fire certificate.
- Good acoustics.
- Order is cut ready for each order with a detailed layout drawing.
- Keenly priced.
- Made from fully sustainable resources.
Full usage instructions are included and technical advice is readily available from our support team who are just a call away.
I-beams also have clear environmental and energy benefits and are well known for being lightweight, strong and straight. Carvers Timber Engineering are accredited for timber chain of custody by PEFC.